Extractives. We support positive change in the extractive sector's governance and business practices. We aim to make minerals, oil and gas work for all, with minimal harm and many benefits. Learn more about extractives. The Challenge. The global economy relies heavily on natural resource extraction, which has serious impacts on the environment and human health. The Work. .
Extractives companies should support efforts for governments and citizens to exert greater control over natural resources. This can be done through international efforts, such as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, or through local programs to increase transparency, and it can help ensure that natural resource wealth supports greater citizen wellbeing.
mineral industries and primary industries, despite their declining share of global GDP (gross domestic product). most sector scenarios project that global demand for industrial products will increase by 45–60% by 2050 relative to 2010 production levels. Rising demand for products used to reduce GHG emissions ( insulation materials for buildings) and to adapt to climate impacts .
Industries extractives, métaux et minéraux. International Cradle to Cradle Congress 2020. 31 Jan 2020 to 01 Feb 2020. International Cradle to Cradle Congress . Event type: Conference; City: Berlin. Country: Germany. Key Area: Production; Matières premières secondaires; Innovation et investissement; Sector: Agriculture, sylviculture et fertilisants; Industries du textile et de la mode .
· Africa Oil Week (AOW), organised by Hyve Group Plc is pleased to announce the launch of the Extractives General Counsel Forum Virtual. Held in partnership with Africa Legal and Investing in ...
Microcredit plays an important role in fighting the multidimensional aspects of poverty. Microfinance increases income, which leads to attendant benefits such as increased food security, the building of assets, and an increased likelihood of eduing one's children. Microfinance is also a means for selfempowerment. It enables the poor to make changes when .
WIDER's Extractives for Development project—launched in early 2016 and led by Tony Addison and Alan Roe—bringing together a network of researchers, practitioners, and policy makers, international and local, government and corporate, to share their accumulated learning. By comparing experiences of the extractive industries across countries—opportunities and .
These industries create jobs directly and indirectly, transfer technologies and knowledge, and generate significant income. These benefits provide governments with a financial base for infrastructure development and social service delivery. The extractive industries, and the petroleum sector in particular, are known for generating high economic rent the difference .
3 POLICY BRIEF: TRANSFORMING EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT MAY 2021 1 Extractive industries recover raw materials from the earth, process them, and turn them ...
· Answering the question as to why inhouse legal communities across these industries have not traditionally networked and shared bestpractice? And how will 2021 represent a 'New Dawn' in African extractives? Daniel Driscoll, VP Legal Compliance, Endeavor Mining Frans Baleni, Chairman of Petro SA Former Gen. Secretary of National Union of Mineworkers . March .
· As of 2017, 62 percent of companies in Colombia had an active microcredit, down from percent registered in the previous year.
Ce manuel est l'un des premiers ouvrages à s'intéresser de près à l'efficacité de l'administration des recettes issues des industries extractives. Il fournit aux décideurs politiques et aux agents des pays en développement et émergents des instructions pratiques pour mettre en place un cadre juridique, une organisation et des procédures solides pour gérer les recettes issues ...
· Natural resources have the potential to drive growth, development, and poverty reduction. The extractive industries sector plays a strong economic role in 63 countries, many of which face challenges such as resource dependency and weak governance.. The World Bank helps developing countries manage oil, gas, and mining in a way that contributes to sustainable growth .
The Africa Regional Extractive Industries Knowledge Hub (AFREIKH) will host a virtual course "Introduction to Extractive Industry Governance: Policy and Practice" in September and October, 2021. The appliion period for this course is now closed. Each topic of the course will include interactive lectures, group discussions, video simulation exercises, games, guest presentations .
· Extractive industries include the mining and mineral sectors, and also exploration of natural gas and oil, petroleum refineries and quarrying for construction resources such as sand, stone and gravel. Cambodia's extractive resources have gone largely untapped. While these resources are geographically identifiable, as shown on the Ministry of ...
The Strathmore Extractives Industry Centre (SEIC) in collaboration with the Natural Resources Governance Institute (NRGI) invite you to the official launch of Africa Regional Extractive Industries Knowledge Hub (AFREIKH). The Hub aims at improving extractives sector governance deficits through research, skillsbased training and policy engagement. Date : Tuesday, 25th .
· Offers realistic recommendations to improve the extractives sector role in development. Delivers an objective and balanced steer on a variety of often contentious issues. Extractive Industries. The Management of Resources as a Driver of Sustainable Development. Edited by Tony Addison and Alan Roe. WIDER Studies in Development Economics.
· The microcreditinduced problems that emerged in South Africa are twofold. First, microcredit per se is actually an "antidevelopmental" intervention. For one thing, it .
· Rt Hon Helen Clark, Chair of the Board of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative. Speech at Norad Policy Forum on "The Role of Transparency in Reducing Corruption in the Extractives Sector". Oslo, Norway, 9, 8 October 2019. Thank you for inviting me to take part in this Norad forum on the role of transparency in tackling ...
· It was a great pleasure to host so many inhouse legal professionals online for the Extractives General Counsel Forum Virtual in partnership with Africa Legal and Africa Oil Week. The two half days of actionable insights and pioneering discussions added value on both a sectorspecific and crosssector basis. Helping legal services within the extractives' community .
The Africa Regional Extractives Industry Knowledge Hub (AFREIKH) is a collaborative initiative between the Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) and the Strathmore Extractives Industry Centre (SEIC). AFREIKH's establishment is premised on governance deficits and challenges plaguing the extractives sector in Africa that have in some in instances resulted in the "resource .